Your browser does not support JavaScript!

background image background image background image
logo Sifnos


  It is a beautiful settlement reflecting the financial prosperity brought to the residents by the growth of shipping one and a half century ago. It is characterised by the houses with the neoclassical characteristics and the big gardens which consist of tall pine and araucaria trees. The churches of Artemonas are numerous. 
map add mapadd

Ano Petali

-Ano petali is located among Artemonas and Apollonia and it offers a beautiful view. The chapel of Agios Antypas (1636) stands out. There is a traditional café, rooms to let and a hotel.  
map add mapadd

Ai Loukas

Ai Loukas (or Agios Loukas) extends from Ano Petali up to the square of Artemonas. It took its name after the homonymoys chapel. It is worth visiting the double-hypostases church of Panagia ta Gournia dedicated to the Dormition of the Virgin Mary and Agios Nikolaos, with frescoes from 1818. Furthermore, the architecturally interesting church of Agios Konstantinos at the beautiful square.   
map add mapadd


The impressive bay with the calm waters in deep blue colour is one of the greatest and most cosmopolitan places in the island, as in July and August it gets full of sailing boats and yachts. The current picture, as opposed to the past, when the beach with the two little taverns could be accessed only by caique from Kamares, gives a positive example of tourist growth. A luxurious resort, which respected the natural landscape and integrated taverns, cafés, simple houses as well as villas with Cycladic architecture, rooms to let and the wonderful coastal chapel of Taxiarches –they all co-exist in Vathy harmoneously.
map add mapadd


-Exambela is built on the way to Platis Gialos and it is one of the biggest villages in Sifnos. You can visit the churches of Agia Varvara, Panagia, Agios Athanasios and Christos.  
map add mapadd


-Katavati is among Apollonia and Exambela. The chapels of Eleimonas, Agios Georgios and Panagia Aggeloktisti (built by angels), as they call it, stand out. You will see the monastery of Fyrogia near the settlement.  
map add mapadd


Unlike other ports of the Cyclades, Kamares has relatively mild growth. The settlement was built after 1907 and it developed after the 1950s. it was used as a port of ore loading (there are still traces from the furnaces, the pier of 1909 and the loading ladder of 1833). In the past there were many potteries here.
map add mapadd

Kato Petali

Kato Petali is located among Apollonia and Kastro. The church of Zoodochos Pigi with an interesting paved forecourt rises at its centre. There is a grocery store, a restaurant and rooms to let.  
map add mapadd


The old capital of the island, the settlement Kastro, stands impressive as it is built on the hill with the deep blue colour of the Aegean on the background. Its history go way back in the centuries. There used to be a prehistoric settlement in the area, the ancient “asty” (city) of Herodotus, which flourished in the 6th century BC, and had a prytaneion, a temple and a theatre of Dionysus, as well as luxurious public buildings of white marble of Paros (“Leukofrys Agora”). Centuries later, in 1635, the Venetian settlement of Da Koronia family was built here. The windmills operated from 1617 up to 1950 in its region.
map add mapadd


This fishing village was a port of the island until 1883. It took its name after an ancient tower-“fryctoria” above the beach. Many people come here to swim on the beach of Faros and the neighbouring beaches of Glyfo and Fasolou.      
map add mapadd


It is located on the northernmost point of the island. It is a small and beautiful fishing village with taverns, rooms to let and the chapel of Agios Polykarpos. The church of Agios Georgios stands out at the entrance of the bay. There is an old pottery workshop as well.      
map add mapadd


The ancient port and later mall of Kastro was in Seralia and here there were shops and warehouses. The little port is extraordinary with its austere view which reminds us of past decades. Stowed nets, huge rocks which are illuminated at night, few houses which go down until the enclosed, pebbled bay, above which there are “ouzeris”: this is modern Seralia and by watching it, it is hard to believe that it constituted a significant port during the Frankish occupation and that it took its name after the Turkish word “saray” (palace), maybe from the grandiose buildings on the valley during the years of the Turkish occupation.  
map add mapadd
April  2020
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
<< >>
My Aegean
Co-financed by Greece and the European Union - European Regional Development Fund