Your browser does not support JavaScript!

background image background image background image
logo Paros

Cycladic Folklore Museum “Skorpios”

Benetos Skiadas has created wonderful ship miniatures and representative buildings of Cycladic tradition. Among others you will see Panagia of Tinos, Hozoviotissa of Amorgos, the windmills of Mykonos, the cave of Antiparos and the caldera of Santorini. Info It is located on the way to Aliki, next to the airport. Tel.: +30 22840 91129    
In the early 1930s a museum was operating in three cells of Ekatontapyliani, on the left of the church’s entrance. The establishment of the collection with icons and relics from the church and the churches of Parikia was created by the vicar of Ekatontapyliani, Georgios Scaramangas (1867-1944). In fact, a part of the “Parian Chronicle”, the renowned marble column of 264 BC, which bears 134 lyrics engraved in Attic dialect, was kept there before being transferred to the Archaeological Museum of Paros. The column records persons, events and natural phenomena of a time period of 1.318 years. From time to time the museum would close, until its reopening in 1993.

Museums of Naousa

-The most complete Folklore Collection of the settlement with traditional costumes, utensils and old photos is housed in the traditional house of Roussos family, in Naousa. It belongs to the Music and Dance Group Naousa Parou which presents traditional dances of the island during the summer period at the forecourt of Panagia church, in Naousa. Tel.: +30 22840 52284 -The History-Folklore Museum, with the collection of Othonas Kaparis consisting of more than 800 objects of the Mycenaean era from Koukounaries operates a few blocks down the road. Tel.: +30 22840 53453

Archaeological Museum

In 1960 a large room was built attached to the junior high school of Parikia in order to house the antiquities which were kept in the cells of Katapoliani up to that time. In late 1960s the second room was built and in 1995 the construction of the museum’s extension began. Today it consists of three rooms, a gallery and an interior courtyard and it hosts findings of the excavations in Paros from the Pre-historic to the Roman years. In the first room and the gallery there is the collection of the sculptures, through which the evolution of sculpture on the island is presented.

Sculpture Museum “Nikos Perantinos”

The Sculpture Museum “Nikos Perantinos” is housed in a renovated Neoclassical building, at the central square of Marpissa settlement. It is a museum of European standard in which some of the sculptor’s greatest works are exhibited in five operating rooms along with the coins and the medals in 31 showcases. Sculptor Nikos Perantinos won many distinctions and awards, among which the Fine Arts Excellence Award in the field of sculpture awarded to him by the Academy of Athens in 1991. After his death, in 1991, the Sculpture Museum of Marpissa in Paros which bears his name was founded. In Agia Anna of Parikia there is the art space Nikolaos Perantinos.   Info Tel.: +30 22840 41443 +30 22840 23851
May  2020
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
<< >>
My Aegean
Co-financed by Greece and the European Union - European Regional Development Fund