The lighthouse in cape Michelo
Aggali and Livadaki are the only bays in the south part of Folegandros. The rocky coasts of Aspropounta are stretching between them. At the western end, at cape Michelo, the only lighthouse of the island stands out, 58m above the sea surface, on a tower 11m high and its light is visible from 17nm away. It lit for the first time in 1921 and since 1986 it works with a solar energy automatic mechanism.